69 Door Pull....NOT

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: 69 Door Pull....NOT
From: "Robert Erickson" <oldenglish@searchbug.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:16:35 -0500
Joel:

That chrome door pull on your passenger side is stock on TR4-4As.
It is a wonderful (non-stock) replacement for the plastic covered foam door
pulls on the 250 and early 6.  If you remove the interior door panels on your 6
(or 250) notice there are two small square holes ALREADY THERE to mount the TR4
door pulls. What isn't there are the captive nuts that snap into those square
holes.  I scavenged mine from some spare TR4 doors I had.
Take two spare machine screws that match the thread of the captive nuts , remove
the heads, and grind/file the threaded stock to a point.  Screw these into the
captive nuts (already inserted into the square holes on the inner door) so they
are proud of the inner door a quarter inch or so.   Replace the inner door panel
(without handle springs) and tap area of he panel where the handle will be
mounted with a mallet.  Remove the door panel.  The locations to drill holes the
holes in the panel will be obvious and correct.   Good luck.

Bob Erickson

TR250
76 TR6
more