TR6 track experiences?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 track experiences?
From: Shawn Loseke <sloseke@engr.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 08:25:41 -0600
Listers,  Chuck Arnold's last post to Shane Ingate, re: quick-ratio
steering, set me to wondering. How many of us have spent time on race
tracks with their TR6's? I don't mean the racers, but on open track days
with their street driven cars.

  I had several experiences like Chuck described, in my own TR6 prior to
the rebuild and prior to the engine surgery. [haven't had any track time
with the new modified engine though]

  A stock TR6 can be quite a handful when pushed to the edge. But it has
been my experience that the handling foibles inherent in a stock set up
can be easily cured without a major compromise in ride comfort.

  Have others had similar experiences?

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO