replacement distributor

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: replacement distributor
From: howard hoover <markiiibuy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:37:07 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Progress report. The GT6 is purring  happily now. I read your advise, checked
out some parts available and considered the options.

I drilled a little hole into the freeze plug looking disc and put a sheet metal
screw into it to pull the plug with. It worked well and the tach drive came out
easily then.

The shaft looked good but the top bushing was shot. I went to a Brit car/bike
show in Kansas City and ran into another lister who had a spare distributor. I
was glad to buy it from him,

I put in new parts and dropped it into the 6.  It was an amazing change. I'd
been thinking I needed to rebuild the carbs. NO it was ALL timing trouble.

Thanks to all with your good advice.

Howard (smiling all day long)