Distributor rebuilding

To: "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor rebuilding
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:59:44 -0400
Lists,
I would like to highly recommend Bob Sarama, jsarama@cinci.rr.com in
Loveland, Ohio as an outstanding source for rebuilding your Lucas
distributor. Bob rebuilt one for my TR6 and did a magnificent job at a
lower cost than any of the "usual sources".

In his own words "Basically, I hand fit and replace the upper/lower
bearings, advance springs, oil seal, tack drive cover gasket and screws.
The shaft, cam, action plate, advance weights and breaker base/bearing
are all highly polished and checked for tolerance. The housing is hand
polished and spray coated along with the vacuum module(s). I mill the
action plate to permit lubrication of the upper bearing and provide
special lubricant to extend upper bearing life indefinitely. I bench
test each unit and ensure that it operates to factory specs. I spend
considerably time on each unit and treat each one as my own."

When I do business with someone or someplace that does exceptional work
at reasonable prices, I like to let others know
of my experiences. This is one of those occasions.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U