Top Speed

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Top Speed
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
My speedometer read 114 on a record run on a long bridge not very long ago.  I
think I was turning about 5000 RPMs at the time.  The clear, straight,
unradared portion of the bridge was not long enough to allow me to wring every
mph out of the car and I can't attest to the accuracy of the speedo with 215 X
65 X 15 inch tires.  My car will definately go faster in 4th than in 4 OD
despite minor modifications and 9.8/1 compression ratio.  Obviously I need more
HP to get to the red line in OD.  The car felt pretty good, even at that speed.

Anonymous speeder, 1970 TR6

Yahoo! - We Remember