oil pressure switch

To: "6 - Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pressure switch
From: "Walt Philipson" <wphilipson@bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:29:16 -0400
Ok,

My oil pressure lamp, brake lamp, and gulp valve aren't working. I think I
traced it to a bad oil pressure switch. I may be making a bad assumption
here, but I wanted to check (I know, I need to get Dan's electrical book).

>From the wiring diagram, (At the oil pressure switch) I thought I should get
continuity between terminals "p" and "s" with the engine off, and "p" and
"i" with the engine running. I got neither, so I assumed the switch was bad.
I purchased a new switch. Before I installed it I wanted to check it out. I
checked "P" and "S" and got no continuity. I then held a hand pump to the
switch, pressurized it and measured 0 ohms between "P" and "I" as expected.
Am I missing something or is the new switch bad? Shouldn't I get 0 ohms
between "P" and "S" with it sitting on my workbench?

Walt Philipson
74 Carmine