Re: Where is my SPEED? Now Tach related?

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Where is my SPEED? Now Tach related?
From: "Bryan Lepley" <blepley@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:08:00 -0400
Bob:

Thanks for the help.  I hooked a 1,200rpm drill up to the tach cable and
pulled the trigger, it read about 6,500rpm, definately way in to the red.

So I assume if you are correct with the 1:2 ratio that there is something
wrong.

I did not hook the drill up to the speedometer cable as I ran out of time.

I guess the next step is to find another tach to confirm there is a problem.

BTW:  I am running 195 75 15 Bridgestone S408's.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Bryan Lepley
Kalamazoo, MI
71 TR6