Top SPEED my experience...

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Top SPEED my experience...
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:03:26 +0000
<<note: The use of 'I' refers to an anonymous individual...ummm...a friend
of mine!>>

shortly after i bought my TR6, i was enjoying a nice country drive
on a two lane divide country 'highway'. i went to pass a car in the fast
lane and all of a sudden the windshield on the passenger side 'exploded'
the size of a baseball. scare the $%&* outta me as i saw nothing.
i slammed the brakes, looked around...and the only thought was that
the person i was passing (who took an exit ramp) must have thrown something
out the window. This was (i'll admit) influenced by a recent movie i saw
(until the end of the world-by wim wenders) that had a similar event.

So after I got my heart rate semi-controlled, i drove up to the entry ramp
and went up the wrond way on the wide shoulder. and decided i needed to
catch this person. I floored the pedal and got up to (floating needle)
123-125 +/-mph!!!! that seemed to be the absolute fastest it would go. Fast
enough for me and never tried anything above 100 mph! the cars seem to get
so much smoother at higher speeds.

oh,...
i caught up with the person, but realized after thinking and calculating the
event...there was no way this person could have done anything. I turned
around and drove back toward my destination (at the posted speed limit mind
you) and two police cars were HAULING up the road the way I was going with
the lights flashing.
hmmmm..... I wonder if they were looking for me. NAH. no way for them to
have time to respond.

<Anonymous Individual>