Replacement Top (final status - many thanks)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacement Top (final status - many thanks)
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:39:26 -0400
Many thanks to all those (too many to list) who assisted me with my TR6
top dilemma -- I opted for a professional installation with terrific
results, which I must share.

I found snap/fastener tools were either too pricey ($80-200) or too flimsy
($5-15). Given the limited utility of such a purchase, the expense seemed
extravagant.  I called 20 installers, from Southhampton, Long Island NY to
Eastern Pennsylvania, and received quotes ranging from $325 to $550. Most
claimed 5 to 8 hours labor. If not for my friends on the list (Thanks
again XOXO), I would have just believe them.

This little shop was closest to my house and was the most affordable - and
surprised me... $175 installed in less than 3 hours!

I provided my own top (a Robbins, purchase from a friend), and Pete did
the rest (providing rivets, snaps, etc.). In a little more than 2 hours
the job was finished! He removed the old top and mounted the new -- it
took me more than 20 minutes just to get the new rubber strip in the front
track! He even had his son drive me home and back since he did want me to
wait around.

For those in need of an honest upholsterer, give him a call, or stop bye
for a quote. If you're in the neighbor, drop me a line!

Old World Upholstery Limited 128 East Montauk Highway, Hampton Bays, NY 11946
Tel: (631) 728-9063

Corey Sherman
corey.sherman@rcn.com