Re: Hard starting when hot

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hard starting when hot
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:17:49 -0500
If you haven't cleaned out the fuel pump screen and/or replaced the fuel
filter recently, you may want to start there.

It also may have to do (so I am told) with the increased amount of alcohol
(read gasohol) that is now in "gas". Try buying the best grade of
non-gasohol gas you can. Then there's the old trick of putting wood clothes
pins on the fuel line.

Then there's the possibility of it being the coil. Is it old/original? Does
it feel really hot after you've driven the car awhile?

Do you have Stromberg 175 carbs? Have you checked the condition of the
rubber diaphragms? If you haven't replaced them or if they are original, you
may want to check them out for a hole.Just make sure that the little tab on
the diaphragm goes back in the corresponding  slot in the carb.

I would try the simple things first, like good, fresh gas.

Valerie Stabenow, 62 MGA MkII, 67 TR4a, 69 XK-E FHC, 73 TR-6, 81 Corvette
Coupe

Subject: Hard starting when hot