Turbo TR6 Story

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Turbo TR6 Story
From: mocharand5@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 23:30:57 EDT
I just got back from a business trip in Ohio. During the evenings I was
driving around looking at anything and everything, I spotted the rear end of
a TR6 in a garage. I turned around and told the guy I was with. " I have to
stop and see this guy".
 Well, it turns out I met his wife, the owner wasn't home, but she let me
check this car out. It was emaculent.
The guys name was Dale Knapke. He had a 4 cylinder Ford thunderbird turbo
engine in this thing. 255 X 50 X 16 rims with 5 bolt lugs. Roll cage mounted
to the frame.
I talked to Dale the next day on the phone and asked him how he liked his car
and I hope he didn't mind me talking to him.
He was delighted to talk about the TR., just like the rest of us.
Dale really did his homework on this car, it was fast! How fast?
Dale spends his time drag racing the car and drives it on the street.
The car puts out 270 HP at the wheels, and runs the quarter mile with slicks
12.22 seconds 110MPH. Without slicks, high twelve's.
Dale also has a straight X ford rear end with 4.55 gears. Dale claims he gets
30 MPG on the highway. He has tried autocross with it and claims it has a
push. Just likes dragging.
I hope to go for a ride in this thing the next time I get out in Ohio.
Truly a great guy. How about that 4 cylinder.....................