Moto Lita steering wheel

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Moto Lita steering wheel
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 22:35:39 EDT
Listers:

This should be a relatively simple set of questions.

On Ebay, I recently won a vintage Moto Lita steering wheel to use to replace
the original wheel on my 1970 TR6 PI.  The grip on my original wheel has
become loose.  The Moto Lita wheel has not yet arrived in the mail, but the
owner described it as having "15mm diameter splines."  He used it on another
car (Austin Healey, I think).  I know that I will have to buy a horn push kit
from the Moto Lita distributor (Finish Line, in Plantation, Florida).

1.    Assuming that the "15mm diameter splines" means the diameter of the
boss which accepts the steering shaft coming from the dashboard, is that the
same size needed for my TR6?  It's not really important, since I have to buy
the horn push anyway, and I'm not sure whether I can buy the horn push
without a boss kit.

2.    How, exactly, do I hook up the horn push on the new kit to the
electrics on the TR6?  I imagine that I will remove the wheel from the car
with all the horn push parts, and I will be left with some wires and
connectors which I will need to attach to the new horn push kit after
attaching the Moto Lita wheel.  Is that correct?

Thanks as always.

Michael Samuels
SamuelsMA@aol.com
1970 TR6 PI