Re: Aluminum Sealing Blocks stripped?'s

To: Richard Seaton <rsh17@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Aluminum Sealing Blocks stripped?'s
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:30:53 -0400
Richard,
I definitely DO NOT suggest using a heli-coil, ask me how I know. I
battled this problem until some one on the list told me about a
Keenserts. http://www.newmantools.com/kee.htm
Because of the brittle nature of the sealing block the helicoil
threading tools threads are probably going to strip again. The
Keensert requires a larger hole but there was enough material around
the post to handle it. After the Keensert is installed it has 3 or 4
posts that get punched down to wedge it in the pre drilled hole. It is
also a solid sleeve, available in the original 5/16-24 thread.They are
also capable of much higher torque ratings.
The earlier sealing blocks were replaced with a stiffer uprated part
which was a fix for earlier blocks that warped & leaked.
http://www.triumphsonly.com/bulletin/1-a-4.hhttp://www.triumphsonly.com/bulletin/1-a-4.htmtm
Technical Service Bulletin -
This will be your final repair if done right.
--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6