Freeze Plugs

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Freeze Plugs
From: "Rengrave" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:41:14 -0400
Listers,

I am removing everything from my block, getting it ready for the machine shop,
but I have a few questions:

1. How do I get the freeze plugs out of my block?
I tried hitting a screwdriver with a hammer through the plug and then trying
to pry out, the plug is not moving?

2. Directly above the oil filter, there what looks like a smashed fitting?
aluminum I think? In the catalogs they show a plug type fitting. What it this
and how do I remove? Drill and extract? Should I remove?

3. Do I have to remove the heater valve pipe on the head before it goes to the
machine shop?

4. How do I remove the distributor shaft bushing inside the block? Should I
remove it?

I plan on having the block hot tanked or baked.

Thanks,

Wayne
Westport, MA
1973 TR6 (Mallard)