RE: TR6 Differential Removal and Inspection

To: "Dave Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 Differential Removal and Inspection
From: "Pappin,Ian" <ianp@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:22:45 -0600
Hi Dave,

You raise a good point.  I'm refering to radial play.  I had ~3/4" radial play
that was enough to cause a "chunk" similar to one I have experienced with bad
u-joints. I do not know how much is allowable or would necessitate a tear down
of the diff.  I was just very happy to have eliminated the obvious fluid leaks,
eliminated complete failure (here's hoping),  and the noise under power with
the one fix!

Thanks, Ian