RE: Idle trimming screw

To: "'Rick Anderson'" <randerson@postman.cfaluminum.com>,
Subject: RE: Idle trimming screw
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@directvinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:50:22 -0400
Ric,
It gives a very fine air/fuel adjustment for new engines. Unless you
have an O2 sensor to make adjustments the recommendation is to seat it
fully home.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

I have a 76 TR6 which has ZS carbs.   A mechanic just rebuilt the carbs
before I bought the car and has it running too rich.   I have colortune,
jet
adjustment wrench and syncronizer and want to tune the carbs myself.
The
Haynes book gives fairly good directions on that procedure but I'm
curious
as to what the idle trimming screw on the side of the carb body does,
and
what are their approx. settings.    Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Ric