Re: Smeggin Heater Control Valve

To: "Nathaniel Steiner" <nathaniel_steiner@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Smeggin Heater Control Valve
From: "Bob Fabie" <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:16:54 -0400
The heater valves are crap. I installed a new one less than two months ago
as part of a restoration. The lever "appeared" to close fully, but coolant
was obviously passing through as evidenced by the heat in the passenger
compartment and the very hot heater hoses. Roadster Factory sent out a new
one at no charge. The new one has been on 100 miles. Yesterday, it failed.
The valve is closed, but coolant is passing through because the hoses are
once again, very hot. Called the TRF and they're sending out another one.

Many listers have simply installed a HomeDepot in line garden variety
ball-cock water valve. I'm hoping to someday get lucky and get a heater
valve that works. Hope you have better luck.

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6
Fredericksburg, Va