AABEST co update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: AABEST co update
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:47:21 -0700
        List members:

        At one point I was asked to report back on the service of AABESTCO
for convertible tops, seeing as they are a cost leader in this area.
        Status to date: The top delivery is running behind schedule. I
received automatic confirmation when I ordered via the web page (29th). I
ordered a vinyl top with reflective stripes and a zip out rear window
(basically, an OEM replacement). The confirmation said I would have the top
in about 11 days.
        After 2 weeks, I e-mailed them, (they replied within 24 hours) and
asked if there was a problem with my order, as I had not received it, and
the bill for my credit card had arrived.
        They stated that the stripe material had been back ordered, and that
the top would ship on the 20th. I received confirmation today, the 21st,
that the top had shipped.
        I will update the list when the top gets here, and again after I
install it. To date my only gripe is that they charged my credit card a full
3 weeks before the top shipped. This sort of behavior always makes me
nervous, although I have never been burned by a company that did this.
        They have responded promptly to all my e-mails and phone calls, and
have been courteous and helpful to date.

        Stay tuned for more news,

        Vance
1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom