Re: AABESTCO news

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: AABESTCO news
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:05:42 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

[stuff snipped]

> exact match to what my book on restoring TR6s shows. Also, the snaps are
> black finish, and I believe nickel finish (?) is correct for the car

The snaps should be BLACK. THe original ones were black plastic. They
would not last very long, as the snap would break off from the visible
part.

Sometime in the 80's TRF and the others started offering black snaps that
used a metal (brass?) tab thingie. These last a lot longer than the
originals!

Sounds like this top is pretty good, though.

The white marks on the material is probably a grease pencil. Try a diluted
cleaner such as simple green on a sponge and try wiping the marks out.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |