AABESTCO news

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: AABESTCO news
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:25:39 -0700
    Folks:

    Well, the new convertible top arrived 24 hours after it shipped.
AABESTCO up rated the shipping from standard to overnight because my order
had been delayed, at no extra charge. I feel this is a plus, as it speaks to
their sincerity w/regards to getting the product out in a timely manner.
    As to the quality, it looks to be very good. The seams are straight, the
quality of the materials seems to be good as well. The reflective stripes
are satisfactory, although the stripe pattern is only similar and not an
exact match to what my book on restoring TR6s shows. Also, the snaps are
black finish, and I believe nickel finish (?) is correct for the car
(Somebody chime in here....) The item was carefully packed. It did not
include new straps (available at extra cost - $15) nor did it include new
Velcro for the frame, which is available from Moss.
    I did note that the snap locations that had torn out on the PO's top
were reinforced on the AABESTCO top, which holds out hope that they will not
tear out anytime soon. The top is made by ACME. (Holy Road Runner!! I wonder
if they make rocket propelled roller skates too?) The top is single
stitched, and the windows are all welded into place. The zipper is a black
finish item, and seems to be of decent quality. All the edges are wrapped,
and then single stitched, as opposed to being hemmed and then stitched.
    There is some lettering on the top that appears to be chalk (?),
apparently used during manufacturing to align the panels. I rubbed at this
with my fingers to see how easily it would come off, and not much happened.
I presume at this point that I only need apply some cleaner to get this to
come off.
    I will be installing the top sometime in the next few weeks, and will
report on the fit when I am done.
    Total price with shipping: $213. My overall rating at this point is that
it seems like a very good buy, but I do not have a Moss (Robbins) top for
comparison. It definitely beats the current top top (Brand X). I am more
than satisfied at this point.

    Cheers,

    Vance
1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6