RE: Carbs (and their parts)

To: "Sally or Dick Taylor" <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: Carbs (and their parts)
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:53:47 -0700
Dick,

I got your other message and the more I thought about it, the more this
"idea" jelled.

What happens when the engine "hunts" for an idle setting.  Shouldn't this
cause a difference in air pressure which in turn causes the slides to move
up/down.  If one of the slides moves quicker (further ??) due to less
damping it should feed more fuel which in turn causes the engine to cough,
sputter, etc.  This slows the engine down the slides close and the whole
process starts over again.

This may be a real dumb idea, but the idle is now (tested again last
night) rock stable and smooth at 750

Thanks for the ideas, and I'll get those measurements over the weekend

Steve

*************Snipped a bit*********

Steve---I can't say what your problems might be, but the two different
"damper rods" should have no effect on how the engine idles. These are
to control the rise of the air valves, and come into play only during
acceleration. However, the important thing here is to have the  damper
rods the same length, and there circlipped cups at the end the same
length and diameter. This is necessary to have the same drag in air
piston rise, to keep enrichment the same.

Dick

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]