re: rear shocks, lever type

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: rear shocks, lever type
From: "conan" <conan@intrex.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:00:43 -0400
  Hi Steve (and folks!)

  Rebuilt lever shocks can be had from Peter Caldwell at Worldwide Auto Parts.
Last I heard they were about $48each + shipping + core.
      email:  nosimport@mailbag.com
    website:  http://www.mailbag.com/users/nosimport/

  I believe he also has an 800 phone number but I neglected to write it down.
"Sorry about that, Chief."  ;-)  I've never met Peter in person but he's always
been very friendly and helpful on the Spridgets list and the couple of emails
I've traded with him.  He does NOT go blasting advertisements at the list
either.

  FYI..  I've been lurking here the last few days to watch for information to
help my (non-computerized) neighbor who's starting a TR6 restoration.  Looks
like a bunch of friendly and helpful folks here!
  For myself, until now I've mostly hung out on the Spridgets list,  (Folks
there say great things about Peter's rebuilt lever shocks. :-))
but I love the sound of that big six through a good exhaust!
  Some things I've seen mentioned on the list that we're curious about:
1) Where can I get more info about that 5-speed trans. conversion?  How happy
are those using it?  How much trouble to install?
2) Someone mentioned a homemade rear hub puller last(?) week.  Are there plans
available for that?
3) Just how much difference is there between a TR250 and a TR6??  MY
'understanding is that a TR250 is a TR4A/irs body/chassis with a six-cylinder
engine.  Is a TR6 the same engine/drivetrain/chassis with updated body styling?
 I also understood the TR5 is the home market version of the TR250 with the
only real difference being fuel injection instead of carbs.
4) How good is the book, 'How to Restore TR250/5 & TR6' when used with a TR6
project?  Is there something better?

  Reckon that's -long enough- for a first post!  Thanks all!
  Ed in NC  (tell Peter I sent you :-)  but NFI of course!)

p.s. I'm reading the digest version of the 6pack list, so I won't
immediately see any questions you might ask.

--
  Ed Conen - Raleigh NC
 "I purr, therefore I am."