Re: New Lurker here

To: dusty45@juno.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Lurker here
From: StangGuy67@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:33:56 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/02 12:09:33 PM, dusty45@juno.com writes:

<< Howdy all

I just found this list and started getting the digest version 3 days ago.
 Wow.
I've had my 72 TR6 for about 15 years now. It was a weekly runner til
last spring when I let the insurance lapse (money issue) and in Calif,
you need proof of insurance before you can re-register the car.  Lucky
it's old enough now to be smog exempt, cuz it was a HASSLE to get it
passed each time.

My TR6 is all original, except for the paint and tyres and repair work.
I'm the second owner.
I'll keep lurker for answers to questions I haven't even thought of yet.
Any question for me?

Dusty in Southern Calif

Hey, Dusty, welcome.

May I assume from the word "tyre" that you're a transplanted Brit? I'm also
in Southern California (Woodland Hills, in the infamous "Valley"), and own a
74, which still has to be smogged. I bought it a few months ago, and still
haven't transferred over the title yet-the whole smog thing just scares the
hell out of me, and getting antique tags here is not the clear cut effort it
is in other states.

Are you going to the San Diego British Car Day next Sunday?

regards,
Kraig Griffiths
74 TR6 (slightly smoggy)