Re: Fenders

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fenders
From: Kendall Larsen <kendallsemail@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
Ronald,

     I happened to learn the difference between a 74
and 74 1/2 TR6 the hard way. The difference in the
fenders is that on the 'late' ( 74 1/2 on )fenders the
hole to mount the bumper is about 3 inches or so
higher than the hole to mount the bumper on the early
fenders. As you may know the difference in the
valences is that there are large rectangular holes for
blinkers in the early valence. While in the late
valences the bumper has been moved up 3 inches or so
and the blinkers now reside in the bumper its self.

So if you have an early valence and bumper you need an
early fender to match mounting heights for the bumper.

I didn't relalize I had replaced the front valence
incorrectly on my car until I tried to bolt the bumper
up after the whole car had been painted. It was quite
tragic really.

HTH
Kendall Larsen
74 1/2 TR6