CF19716 COMING TO LIFE!

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: CF19716 COMING TO LIFE!
From: "Don Becker" <dr.becker@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 17:51:20 -0800
Hello Listers,

Having recently joined the list, I thought I would introduce myself and
mention my enjoyment in reading the excellent information exchange.

My Mallard Blue 1974 TR6 is nearing completion of a frame on restoration
started about 7 years ago. I purchased the car from the original owner (a
college buddy) so I knew the complete history of the car here in Phoenix, AZ.
My original intention was to restore the car to like new.

I've handled most aspects of the restoration except for outsourcing the paint
job, the engine and  transmission. The engine was built with a new block,
crank, cam, etc. all having been balanced including the flywheel. Just about
everything on this car has been cleaned, revamped or replaced including the
suspension, the interior, the wiring harness, all lenses (taillight, etc.),
rebushed steering column, etc. etc. etc. (All basically to factory spec's)

At this point I am prepping the engine for it's initial start by checking the
engine timing, oil pressure etc. The mechanic who built the engine 7 years ago
moved away so I'm on my own. Already discovered the top hat bushing was
missing since I couldn't get any oil pressure. (I pressed this into the block
under where the distributor pedestal is located) Now, I'm making sure the
timing and valves are properly adjusted....for obvious reasons.

Hopefully, I will post again as soon as it starts...just wish it was running
now. (77 degrees in Phoenix today!)

Don Becker
'74 TR6 CF19716 (Mallard Blue)