Re: gauges

To: ngwehmeyer@attbi.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gauges
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 12:40:23 EDT
Neil,

You are right on the tab bending.  I used a very small screwdriver to bend
the tabs to open the gauge and then used small needle-nosed pliers to bend the
tabs back over (using a cloth between bezel and pliers to avoid marring the
paint).  I found that with the tabs bent back over the bezel sealed well
against
the glass.  Didn't need to push the glass into the wet RTV.  I was a little
skimpy on the RTV so I didn't need to do much trimming after refitting the
gauges.

BTW, I did fit the Roadster Factory O=rings to the gauges yesterday and they
fit fine.  They are actually flat vs. traditional round ring and they allow
the gauge to fit flush to the dash.

Micky Long
770-754-3050
404-931-8421