RE: transmission oil

To: "'SamuelsMA@aol.com'" <SamuelsMA@aol.com>
Subject: RE: transmission oil
From: "Tarnow, Joshua" <jtarnow@lehman.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:21:53 -0400
Michael, it's not difficult at all. The job requires a small pump (in the
form of a large syringe) and a supplied rubber tube that comes out from the
tip. I bought one at my local NAPA for less than $15. It's key to be on a
flat surface as you will only know when the the tranny is filled when the
lube starts to drip out of the fill hole. Let the car stand with the fill
hole open and once it stops dripping close it up. I too use ramps and two
jack stands. I was originally put off using this format due to how unstable
that set-up could be so I backed the car onto the ramps, put on the
emergency brake and kept it in gear, then propped the front up with jack
stands...rock solid! Good luck...

Josh
'76 TR6