Re: TR6 Running Rich - New Motor Rebuild

To: tr6_1969@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Running Rich - New Motor Rebuild
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:44:57 EDT
In a message dated 6/7/2003 7:24:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tr6_1969@hotmail.com writes:

> Where is your in-line fuel
> pressure gauge located?

Dave,

Thanks much for your reply....I wish I had an update to offer tonight but I
haven't gotten back to the 6 since Friday evening.  It poured rain all day
Saturday so road tests were not possible and I had a car show yesterday (took
the
always reliable Spitfire) so that shot Sunday.

>From the fuel tank, my 5/16" fuel line is routed above the frame rail (about
3 inches) behind the driver's side tire where I've mounted a large fuel
filter.  The line then follows the conventional TR6 path to the mechanical pump
then, from the pump, travels up and behind the engine up high along the lower
edge
of the battery (parallel to the accelerator rod) to an aluminum billet which
is mounted on the bulkhead next to the windscreen washer.

This billet has 4 outlet ports - 3 go to the carbs via 1/4" lines; the other
port is used for the gauge which is a glycerin filled 0 to 12psi scale gauge.

I've checked for flow at the carbs after the magic 20 minute mark by
disconnecting one of the flex lines from the billet to carb #1 - the flow is
strong
despite the gauge reading zero.  So, I'm convinced that I'm getting fuel
delivery to the carbs eventhough the gauge goes to zero....could it be that the
gauge
zero's out because it's really not in line with any one of the carbs?

Anyway, I am off from work tomorrow and the weather is predicted to be
excellent so I'll try the coil swap and we'll go for a spin.....I'll post an
update
- I'm hoping for a simple solution - something I've overlooked - something
staring right at me.....geez, I should host a regional tech session at my
house........

Chip