RE: Need help with TR6 S. number

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Need help with TR6 S. number
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:19:57 -0600
Hi Jeff,

Here is another data point, look at
<http://www.gumbi.com/peterz/tr6/bmiht.html>. I have the car described in
the build certificate. FWIW, my body number tags read T42715CF (upper) and
44438CE (lower).

Dennis is correct in that the commission number found on the left door jamb
(or on the left side of the windshield frame if the frame is original) is
the number to use to easily determine build order. The factory records can
probably be used to figure this out from the two numbers you cited (if one
has access to these records) but the comm. number is a lot easier for us lay
men.

I suspect that TR6s are not the kind of car which commands a premium for
being the last one built or close to the last one built. That's more for
high end cars with more collector cachet (E-type, Ferrari, etc.). This is of
course just my opinion and I'd be happy to be proven wrong :-).

HTH

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO