RE: Milestone

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Milestone
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:37:38 -0600

< snip >

> She turned over for about 10 seconds before
> the float bowls were full.  As soon as the
> fuel was there, she fired up and idled as
> smooth as the day I shut her down.

Hi John,

Congrats on getting it back on the road (or at least closer to it).

One thing I thought I'd point out is that if you have a stock AC fuel pump,
you can avoid the "10 seconds before the float bowls were full" after a
prolonged sitting period. Simply use the priming lever on the pump to
pre-fill the float bowls and only after they're full crank it over. That way
it should fire right up. Probably saves the starter and battery somewhat.
The stock pump has this lever, might as well use it :-).

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the repairs.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO