Re: Defective Cam - Status/Update

To: "Bob Fabie" <RFabie@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Defective Cam - Status/Update
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:59:21 -0400
Bob,

It sounds like BPNW is taking care of you.  That's good to know.  Just a
note - on chilled cast cams slightly chipped edges are fairly common and are
not a defect.  Billet cams should always look clean on the lobe edges but
slight "chipping" is just the nature of cast cams.

I guess the soft lifter issue may still be around.  After hearing of so many
bad experiences, my own included, I can't see using anything but hardened
lifters.  The few extra dollars in cost is well worth the aggravation they
prevent.

Keep the list informed, this issue needs to be elevated with all parts
suppliers!

Good luck!

Greg
CD6250L