Re: Two TR250 issues

To: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Two TR250 issues
From: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:38:40 -0400
Andrew,

Not sure about the first issue, but blowing smoke when coasting is typically
a sign that your valve guides are worn.  Oil is getting sucked down the
guides into the combustion chamber due to the vacuum created during
deceleration.  When you hit the gas positive pressure in the chamber keeps
the oil out.  If it were the opposite then piston rings would be suspect.

Greg
CD6250L