running great - finally

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: running great - finally
From: Walt Philipson <WaltP@Anspach.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:33:37 -0400
Some of you may remember my plea for help a month or so ago. I had tuned up
the car with new points, plugs, condenser, cap, rotor, adjusted valves, and
rebuilt the carbs and the car would begin missing badly after 4 or 5 miles.
I've been busy, but have been slowly trying to find the problem. I got some
good ideas from the list ranging from worn distributor bushings to clogged
fuel lines, bad coil, plugs, wires, ... and tried to address them all. This
weekend I was determined to fix it. I pulled the carbs (again) to make sure
everything was correct. Started working my way through the ignition (again)
changing one part at a time. The culprit? A bad set of points. The second
set since all this started. Oh well.

Went for a 40 mile spin, greasy hands and smelling of gas. DAMN it felt
good!

Walt Philipson
waltp@anspach.com