TR6 Value & History

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Value & History
From: "Jim Farris" <jfarris@troyst.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:46:03 -0500
Greetings listers,

My son and I have been lurkers on the list for over a year while we looked
for a TR6 to purchase.  We looked a car yesterday that pretty much meets our
needs and desires.  It is a 73 TR6 with 41,000 miles on the odo.  Condition
of the car indicates that the miles are probably correct.  It was in storage
for numerous years and pulled out 3-4 years ago and repainted pimento red
(original color).  I found no rust anywhere on the car.  The paint was a
so-so job with a little orange peel - a 5-8' beauty.  The car has a small
crumple which cracked the paint in one front fender.  The seat covers are
velour cloth.  It smokes a little under deceleration.  The engine
compression checked the following 1-6: 135, 125, 140, 140, 130, 145.  It
drove great.    The original radio still works.  New synchros, rebuilt
brakes, new dif mounts, new clutch disk & throwout bearing.  Everything is
there.  The only noticeable non-standard items are pointless ignition,
velour seat covers, 215X15 tires.

Finally, the commission number is CF 349U, paint 72, trim 11, Built Sep 72.
Anyone know any history on this car?

The owner is asking $6,000.  Is the compression acceptable?  Is the price
right?

TIA,
Jim Farris
Montgomery AL