RE: Looking for EGR Valve pipe thread size

To: "'6Pack List'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Looking for EGR Valve pipe thread size
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 23:48:14 -0600

Jim S. is correct about the size, 3/4-16 UNF. In addition to the "cut off
bolt" (it will have a huuuge head) you can try a set screw. Look up
"fasteners" in the yellow pages and call them up for availability (should be
about $1). That way you can "plug" the hole with a screw that will be flush
with the head (ie. nothing sticking out). I used some exhaust cement stuff
on the threads of mine to seal it up (since the set screw cannot take a
washer). So far so good (it's been a few years).

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO