Re: At my wit's end

To: "Kevin McNelis" <kmcnelis@nmsu.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: At my wit's end
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:32:01 -0400
Kevin,

To try to put this simply, diagnosing electrical problems requires:
1. A good schematic for 1972 TR6 (Bentley, Masters, Haynes)
2. Understanding of basic electrical terms and functions (do a Google.com
search on "basic electrical terms").
3. An understanding of how your TR6 is wired.
4. An inexpensive digital voltmeter or multimeter from Radio Shack.

So, with #1 and knowing #2 you can figure out #3 and then use #4.  Start from
the battery and work out to the many branches until you discover a short.  It
may lead to all of the problems you're experiencing or only one but just
persevere.

Although difficult to believe, and sometimes I'm convinced that TR owners have
a masochistic streak, this can be fun!(keep on telling yourself that, I do).
That is if you are mechanically inclined.  If not you have four choices - learn
to be so inclined, marry a mechanic, let the car sit, or sell the car.  Most of
us become mechanically inclined if not already.  It just takes time and
patience, as in any new hobby taken on.  With TRs it's well worth it!

Good luck.

Greg
CD6250L