RE: bypass valves

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bypass valves
From: "Neil Wehmeyer" <ngwehmeyer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 06:39:41 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Wehmeyer [mailto:ngwehmeyer@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 6:28 AM
To: 6-pack@autox.team.net
Subject: bypass valves

Am rebuilding my Stombergs and notice the rubber diaprahm in the bypass
valve has a hole in it (haven't seen #2 yet). As this valve outlet is
plugged and most all EGR stuff is disconnected will it make any difference
if I replace it or not (Of course its NOT in the rebuild kits)?

Thanks

Gary R.

Gary:
I've plugged the bypass valves on mine by making a gasket that covers the
entire surface between the valve and the carb body.  No ill effects, engine
runs great.  Be sure to study the carb rebuild section of the buckeye site.

Neil Wehmeyer
CC26895L