Manifold water by pass pipe

To: "6 Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Manifold water by pass pipe
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:44:29 -0500
 Just curious here, I removed the water bypass pipe from the water pump to the
back side of the intake manifold. What I found curious was that the small pipe
at the back end which goes to the heater core has a very small (3/16") hole in
it where it connects to the long pipe. My question is shouldn't this be closer
to the inside diameter of the pipe instead of so small? It seems that the
heater would get just a small amount of water flow and it would be more
efficient if the hole was larger. In theory the water valve should control the
water flow through the heater. I'm thinking of drilling the hole larger.
  Hope this makes sense, it's kind of hard to describe.

TIA!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)