Re: Rear end

To: "Lozano" <jmlozano@pcmiracles.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear end
From: "Greg Dito" <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:41:48 -0400
Lorenzo,

I'm not a racer but I've definitely heard some scary stories about TR rear
axle or hub failures.

Goodparts sells a neat viscous limited slip 300ZX diff kit if you're looking
to replace the diff although the stock TR diff is not a weak spot. Just not
the latest technology.

The axles are the real issue and I've heard Corvair axles being used.  There
are also competition hubs and axles available but they are not inexpensive.
About $1000/pair for the hubs and about $300/each for the axles.  See the
link below.
http://www.cambridgemotorsport.com/menu_templates/list_menu.cfm?menu_temp=clutches.cfm&dep_id=8&prod_ass=1&ass_id=149

Greg Dito
CD6250L