Re: Air Compressor

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Compressor
From: ShewFamily@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:22:46 EST
Jim,
Four years ago I asked my wife for an air compressor for Christmas.  I
naturally had to pick it out and I got a Craftsman, 30 gallon vertical tank.
It is
not the one that is black which is a heavier duty unit, but the one in red
that has a top rated pressure of 130 psi and rated at 6.4 scfm at 90 psi.

I run all the regular air tools - die grinder, ratchet, impact wrench.  I
also have a standard paint sprayer, a touch-up sprayer and also an air brush.
purchased a Sears sandblasting kit as well for about $50.

I have used it to remove the paint from many parts and even used it to remove
the paint from my inner fenders after using a paint stripper and turning the
pressure down.

If I had it to do over again, I would have bought the professional model (the
one in black) that has a little higher pressure and higher flow.  Today, it
is the same price as I paid for mine, about $375.

In my opinion, it is a great time saver when you are tearing down.  For
example I used mine all the time when I was tearing my car apart to ready it
for
paint.  However, I did not use it when I put it back together because I just
found it easier to use wrenches and sockets because I wanted to take it slow so
as not to damage a freshly painted panel.

John Shewmake
'74 TR6
Chattanooga, TN