Re; Rear toe, +

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re; Rear toe, +
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:48:02 -0800 (PST)
From: mocharand5@aol.com Date: Fri, 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: Rear
Tow in, out?

Bashful wrote:
<What is it on the rear. Tow in, tow out? How much>

For street driving, most set the rear toe in, from 1/16" to 1/8". Some
autocrossers like the toe out, to get the back end around quicker.

<Second question. I installed all new seals to the rear end. I installed
properly and have the main seal leaking slightly. I have not driven the
car as it still is about 4 months from completion,(I hope)does the seal
need break in? Should I just install a new one? Pulling off the main
drive shaft hub and I can't see anything that stands out to be wrong.
Not to far in or out. 3rd question->

Mine have also seeped a little when on the bench, but were OK after
running. I also added silicicone into the splined area behind the nut,
in the area that I thought was letting the oil thru. (Can't really say
if it helped or not, but I didn't want to do this job again) I moved the
sleeve in about  3/32" deeper to get in front of a slight groove in the
flange at the seal area.

< Has anyone experienced all the issues I've had trying to lower the car
extremely low? Need to talk more about that one.
 I'm sure I could have found a few short cuts had my computer not
crashed.***

??

Dick