RE: TR6 radiators

To: "Ann and Billy Green" <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>,
Subject: RE: TR6 radiators
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 07:59:43 -0700
>===== Original Message From "Ann and Billy Green" <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>

>Does anyone out there on the lists have any ideas about this subject and how
>to get best cooling?

 What sort of cooling issues are you having? I found nearly half of my coolant
passageways in my original 1972 TR6 engine to be blocked with corrosion and it
still never overheated. But after raising the compression 3 points I had
issues. So I had a "desert core" re-core done to the radiator. Doubled the
number of rods in the core and went to 4 rows.

>What is the best oil cooler setup for a TR6?

 I have a 13 row oil-cooler with a thermostat. With the Colorado front range
hitting triple digit temps on a regular basis in the summer I have found it
quite useful. Triumphtune recommends the 16 row only for racing applications.
Let your driving style and climate guide you there.

Shawn J. Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins, CO