thread repair info

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: thread repair info
From: Peter Zaborski <plz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:52:49 -0700
Every once in a while, a question is posted to the list concerning damaged
threads repair. Usually it seems this occurs in the aluminum trailing arms
where the studs which hold the rear hubs in place get stripped out of the
trailing arm. The typical recommendation is helicoils to repair. Although
I've not had to repair my trailing arms, I have used helicoils in another
application and they work fine.

Now I've just stumbled upon another option for repairing damaged threads.
This link was posted on a motor cycle list I belong to. Looks like a pretty
robust alternative. As the poster on the other list noted, "like a helicoil
on steroids".

<http://www.timesert.com/>

NFI, blah blah blah.

Peter Zaborski -- CF58310 UO