TR250 TR6 seat tracks

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 TR6 seat tracks
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 13:54:51 -0500
I know this is an old question. Sorry.

I'm trying to disassemble the seat tracks so I can repair the rust.

Looks like there are dimples in the bottom of the track at each end that
stop the rollers. I suppose I should drill the dimples out -- maybe just
one end and the track will slide apart. Which end? does it make any
difference? Do the rollers fall apart on the floor when it comes apart?
Anything I should know in advance?

How do I put the dimple back? You have to put it back after it's
reassembled. Would a pop rivet work? It would leave a nub on the inside.
Doesn't look like the dimple that is there is much larger than the nub a
pop rivet would leave.  Maybe counter sink the hole, thread it, put a
small screw in it and grind off the head? Must be some really slick way
to do this that I don't know about.

Don Malling