Re: [TR250] Vibration under load at speed

To: LaJoMor@aol.com, triumph <triumph@team.autox.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR250] Vibration under load at speed
From: david brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:13:34 -0500
Thanks Larry,

That's another item I need to check. The mounts
were renewed but that was 7 years ago, but in
7 years I only have a couple of thousand miles on
the car, ouch... This is a new motor though. My
second one in the last 7 years. The first one
died with maybe 1500 miles on it due to
cam shaft/lifter disintegration. This new motor
has maybe 500 miles on it. The motor mounts
could be a problem. I don't quite know how
to prove whether they are good or not.
A visual inspection doesn't reveal anything
out of the ordinary; they look fine. The
half shafts are TR Enterprises uprated
version, the u-jounts on the half-shafts and
the driveshaft are aligned proper. I can
easily hit 80 to 90 mph with smoothness
as long as the throttle is applied gently. It's
only when I give it WOT on the cam that
I get shake at those speeds, and regardless
of gear, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or OD. At a stop I
can hold the car at redline and everything
is smooth. I need to do more driving but
I'm pretty certain that when I induce the
shake, I can instantly make it go away by
releasing the throttle - get the weight back
over the front wheels. I guess I'm asking
for corroboration that a modified motor
like mine should be smooth under WOT.
Can someone on the list with a high hp
motor corroborate that smoothness is
achievable, or due these stock cranks just
whip about?

Thanks
David
TR250