RE: Negative Camber Repair

To: "DOREEN" <chlp@optonline.net>
Subject: RE: Negative Camber Repair
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:20:40 -0800
        Chip:

        Just did this. Before you do anything, replace the rubber bushings in
the trailing arms.
Use a GOOD gear puller (not a $10 cheapie) to press out and press in the new
bushings. This
will resolve 1/2 or more of your problem, and noticeably improve the ride.
I would recommend the uprated rubber bushings from the Roadster Factory if you
want to enhance
the suspension. The aluminum packing spacers are really a band aid (although
they help) and
were used by dealers to correct the problem.
        Then mix and match the brackets to your liking. I simply swapped the
inner and outer
brackets, and ended up with about 1/2 to 1 degree of positive camber with the
car unloaded, and
near zero camber with me in the car. Just about right.

        Cheers,

        Vance