Re: Carb leak

To: mbullard@hawaii.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb leak
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:40:01 +0000
I had a REALLY bad gas leak and during idle would make the car rev. and feel
rough.
I forget exactly where i saw it leaking from, but it might have been the
cold start valve.
anyway, some rusty dust got past the fuel filter, past the fuel pump screen
'filter', and into
the carbs. it was SUPER minimal, but still noticable inside the float bowl.
my best guess is that the dust
somehow made the floats and/or the jet stay open. i cleaned the bowl real
well top and bottom.
seemed to solve the problem. i have yet to do a full rebuild and cleaning,
but have driven the car
on many occasions and been fine.

hope this helps.

>From: mbullard <mbullard@hawaii.rr.com>
>To: 6pack@autox.team.net
>Subject: Carb leak
>Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:00:41 -0800 (PST)
>
>I was told by a TR6'er over here that part of my carb problems may be the
>fact that I am using gross jets instead of the original needle jets.
>
>Okay I bought.  I ordered and received today two new needle jets which I
>immediately placed in the carbs.
>
>Problem is now one of my carbs seems to be leaking from the lower screw
>hole
>of the cold start valve???  I can't really figure out why the screw hole
>would go all the way into the carb and allow gas to escape though it?
>
>The floats are set at 16mm at the highest point as suggested on the buckeye
>site but I'm assuming that too much gas is getting into the float bowl.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark Bullard

Crave some Miles Davis or Grateful Dead?  Your old favorites are always
playing on MSN Radio Plus. Trial month free!