I'm Back, AGAIN (troubleshooting)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm Back, AGAIN (troubleshooting)
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:41:11 -0500
Listers,

Before I break down and seek "professional" help, I'm begging anyone with
ideas why my '74 flattens out, bucks and looses power in the higher gears
@ approx. 4000rpm in 4th and 5th.

There is no such thing as a bad idea!  I'll take anything.  Fuel system
has been rebuilt including carbs.  Ignition system looks ok.  Emissions
system has a questionable anti-run on valve which I disconnected and I've
ordered a new one w/ a new oil pressure switch.  Dry gas, yes.  No vaccum
leaks.

Note: the problem has been intermittent.

Al Graffam  Suffield CT.