Re: TR6 frame rigidity, anti-roll bars and leaky rocker covers

To: CHUCK.ARNOLD@oracle.com
Subject: Re: TR6 frame rigidity, anti-roll bars and leaky rocker covers
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:27:34 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 CHUCK.ARNOLD@oracle.com wrote:

> Bob Lang, et al,

Hi Chuck.

> Any comments on how to strengthen our flexible flyers.  Does a roll
> cage help [hoop under dash, etc.]?  Are there new frame members that
> could be added?  Where?

A roll cage most def. helps stiffen the car. Depending on where you intend
to run, there are a lot of trick you can do to stiffen up the ol' TR (hmm,
I'll bet that comment sets of some SPAM alerts!)

What most roll cage builders will do is add a front hoop in the area of
the dash, then connect that hoop to the rear main hoop with upper/lower
horizontal braces. Now, depending on the applicable rules body, a cage
builder might extend horiz. bars from the front hoop toward the front of
the car. Vintage guys will stop at the firewall, current SCCA types will
then extend from teh firewall to the front shock towers. In the rear they
will rake the vertical supports all the way to the end of the rear frame
rails and then add braces that can be used as shock mounts for "big mutha"
coil overs

> Does anyone know the supplier of adjustable rear anti-roll bars for the 6?

GoodParts is one. There are others in the UK (like Niel Revington).

> While I am at it, forthe leaky rocker cover gasket, Justin Wagner has
> just introduced a silcon gasket fort he 6 -- should end the problem
> forever!

You def. want this!!!

> Chuck

regards,
rml
p.s. all comments above, NFI
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |