RE: TR6 capability To each his own

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 capability To each his own
From: Ryan Miles <rjhmile@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:39:56 -0800 (PST)
List,

    I'm trying to restrain myself, so I hope this dosent come off as a flame;
if it does I appologise. Anyway, I dont see why people get upset when others
modify a car that they OWN. Who is to critisize? Personally I don't understand
the rice rockets, but I think if you guys think the Japanese technology is up
there you should look at what people are doing to Porsche 944 turbos. New fuel
mapping technology is allowing 400+ horsepower out of a STOCK 2.5L 2 valve
engine with the excetion of a chip (engine management) and an aftermarket
turbo. I am currently helping on a turbo project that should produce one of the
fastest street 944 turbo's in the country with a top speed around 200mph in a
car that cost less than a NEW celica. Bring me a rice rocket and you'll have to
put the doors back on when were through, maybe not 0-60, but difinelty from 60
to 100 or 100 to 180. I guess the relevance here is that everyone has their own
idea about what their car is good for, and that is fine with
 me. I would never have a trailer queen, unless it is a race car, but others
would argue that its more fun that way. I personally like the TR6 engine
because its simple and i find it fun to tinker with. I also enjoy racing my
car, which means that I need to use the factory engine to stay in a decent
class. Someday I really hope to graft a 944 turbo driveline into a TR6. I have
most of the parts, but its many years off.
   I guess what Im saying is that there is no substitute for technology, and in
my opinion TR6's are quite impressive for their age. Im also trying to say that
we should all enjoy these cars while they last. There is something beautiful
about every TR that someone has put blood sweat and tears into, and maybe
someday Ill blow past yours at 180mph :)

all in good fun,
Ryan Mies